Nothing makes you feel quite as helpless as being a mother of a fussy baby. I should know; I had a colic baby for six whole months. Quite literally, if she was awake and not eating, she was screaming. Every fiber of my being wanted to help her, but no fiber of my being could figure out how. Oh, what I would have given to have known about Young Living essential oils back then (the other brand I tried just didn't work and I had no support system to help me learn to use them).
Now, when either of my children get angry, apprehensive, or grouchy, you can bet I have Peace and Calming essential oil blend close by. With my second child, this beautiful blend was used from the start. Not only did calming a fussy baby prove to be helpful to me as a new mom, I could feel comfortable that I was bringing my child emotional relief in a way that posed no health or developmental risk. Does it get any more win-win than that?
So, what's in Peace and Calming? Let's examine:
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil (Cananga odorata) has a sweet and floral aroma. It is emotionally balancing and brings feelings of calmness and relaxation. It accomplishes this by releasing negative emotions such as anger, possessiveness or low self-esteem; and nourishing the positive emotions such as confidence, self love and spiritual awareness.
- Patchouli Essential Oil (Pogostemon cablin) has a sweet and rich aroma that is calming and relaxing. It may be helpful in reducing stress and relieving nervous tension. It also supports healthy digestion and can be soothing to little tummies.
- Tangerine Essential Oil (Citrus reticulata) contains esters and aldehydes that are calming. Rich in d-limonene, it helps to maintain a healthy lifestyle regimen.
- Orange Essential Oil (Citrus sinensis) is rich in the d-limonene and may support cellular function. It also has calming effects and may be used for feelings of peace.
- Blue Tansy Essential Oil (Tanacetum annuum) has a slightly sweet and herbaceous aroma. It supports the nervous system by relaxing and soothing stress and irritation. Emotionally, it combats anger and negative emotions.
Ready to crack open that bottle and oil up your baby? Though Peace and Calming essential oil blend is typically approved for NEAT application (meaning, no dilution necessary), I always recommend diluting for babies and young children. Here are some of my favorite ways to use Peace and Calming on my little ones:
- Make a post-bath moisturizer by whipping 1/3 cup organic coconut oil (choose another carrier oil if nut allergies run in your family) with 12 drops Peace and Calming essential oil blend. Apply after bath and before bedtime. Enjoy compliments on how well your baby smells!
- As needed, apply Peace and Calming, diluted with three parts carrier oil, to temples (keep out of eyes), wrists, and bottoms of feet. May also place 1 drop on your palm and let baby smell.
- Use a WubbaNub or pacifier with a cloth attachment? Add 1-3 drops of Peace and Calming to the fabric part of the pacifier to amp up soothing power.